In an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our most vulnerable patients, Saint Joseph London has instituted changes to its visitation policy. Based on recommendations from the CDC, effective March 18, 2020, the visitation policy will be as follows:
UPDATED VISITATION POLICY
- For all inpatients, only 1 adult visitor is allowed, except in extenuating circumstances, such as end of life.
- All OB and Outpatient Surgery patients and their 1 visitor will be screened upon entry into the facility (either at the Main Entrance or the ED). Screening includes taking their temperature and asking questions about signs and symptoms.
- Patients with an elevated temperature will be masked and the department will be notified.
- Visitors with a temperature between 98.6 and 100.4 will be allowed to enter, but will be required to wear a mask.
- Visitors with a temperature greater than 100.4 will not be permitted to enter.
- Except for outpatient testing, all visitors must be 18 or older.
PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS:
- People with fever, cough, sore throat or other flu-like symptoms are not permitted to visit.
- People who have traveled to a high-risk area for COVID-19 or had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 are NOT PERMITTED TO VISIT.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub before and after your visit.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with your elbow or a tissue